Monday, January 11, 2010

2010


Happy 2010 - the year our new conference takes it's first independent breath! Pretty amazing.

But before this birth, there's a lot of work left for us to do.

In fact, right now I'm drafting a presentation piece to be shared around the districts this coming March outlining the basic plan for our new conference (check your conference website for details). This presentation will address:

  • Why a New Conference in Upper New York?
  • A Brief History of Our Journey to this Place and Time
  • Guiding Principles and Driving-Vision
  • Challenges We Must Face Together
  • Details and Discussion
Check back here in the weeks ahead for a "preview" of each of these topics.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this blog (see comment below)...I would be hopeful that the Social Principles are integral to the "Guiding Principles and Driving Vision."

    Our layleader at Jonesville UMC, Tom Bonds, will be attending this Saturday's discussions in Liverpool. I have voiced to Tom by email, my concern on the future roles of the Wyoming and Troy Conference Boards of Church and Society within the newly formed Conference. I noted to Tom the following:

    "Tom,

    I would appreciate being able to have input without travel. The new conference will continually need to deal with the issue of distance. Perhaps there is a blog, facebook page or email where we can voice our concerns?

    My concern is the continuation of the Board of Church and Society within the new conference. Even though I’m Co Chair with Rev. Steve Smith, I’ve heard nothing about the new conference establishing an “Upper New York Board of Church and Society.” I do know that the previous Chair with North Central Conference, Dr. Janet Allen, received little or no support from the Bishop (at that time) and ultimately left out of frustration. While our DS, Jan Rowell has noted that we are in a time of prayfull discernment, I would beg the question to New ACT as to their intent. Their silence to date has been deafening!

    Blessings,

    Ed"
    Edward Bennett
    Co Chair
    TACBCS

    ReplyDelete